Why Bad Customer Service is a Good Thing
We all know the saying “Learn from your mistakes”, right?
Bad customer service in professional terms, just plain sucks. Don’t get me wrong. But, what can you, as a consumer, learn from the experience?
- That you don’t want to be with this company.
- That the company’s inner values might not be up to par or even developed yet.
- That the company may not respect their employees, therefore leading to grumpy agents.
- The company may need to improve their training.
And, as a company, when we receive feedback from a customer who had a negative experience with you, what can you learn?
- Does this employee feel undervalued? Overworked?
- What can you as a manager or the company in general do to change the culture of your customer support?
- Is there a training curve or do training documents need to be updated to help boost confidence?
There are SO many lessons to be learned from negative experiences. Know that mistakes are meant to be made. Like Thomas Edison said, “I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
So, next time you hear about bad customer service toward your company or receive it from another company, remember how you can LEARN from it!